Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Only the L&R grille portions are blacked out.The center and upper and lower trim remain chrome.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
69 Elim in M&F

There's a well restored 1969 Eliminator in Mustang & Fords Magazine that shows a chrome grill. I thought, like Ray, they were black with the center chrome. Is is a Hertz 101 Eliminator, I wonder if that makes a difference?

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Tim What is a 101? BTW nice job on your car and good to see some posts from someone who knows there catz.My Eliminator is done just like original with chrome center and upper and lower bars chrome as well.Catz yaz:cool: What month year is the Hertz car in M&F? THX Ray

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Ray- The Cat is in the August 2001 issue of M&Fs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Eliminator in the August issue is a very good friend of mine. His grille is correct in that it is chromed in the center section and blacked out on the side pieces except for the top and bottom bars. All 69 Eliminators were done this way. The picture in the mag makes it look like the passenger side of the grille might be chromed, but it is not. Before any discussion arises about the hood pins on this car; they are NOT original and the owner is well aware that there aren't. This car won Best of Show at the '99 Cougar Nationals in Carlisle.

Barry

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
grill & hood pins

Barry,

AHHHHH! LOL Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words and it still isn't enough! The chrome top and bottom grill strips look just as "gray" as the center grill in the photograph.

I thought the hood pins were part of the Eliminator package, like the 428CJ, or could be ordered as a stand alone option. My pins aren't listed as an option on my car, but I like them regardless.

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
M&F

Catz I ran out to get that issue and saw only a Mustang hertz car on page 50.Did I miss it ? Am I looking at same Mag? Have I lost it finally?Stupid question but is it the mag with Hertz mustang on cover? THX Ray

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
That's the one.... :)
Look on page 84..... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts