Mercury Cougar Owners banner

681 - 683 of 683 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Thank you to everyone who stopped by the show, introduced yourselves and spent some time to visit. Jenny and I had a full father/daughter weekend together and those are rare with her working and going to school.

For those of you who are out of town ... our first car show together and she won best in class and the participant award! What a rewarding journey this has been! I prioritize this experience in the following way ...
#1 - I got to spend a ton of time with my daughter and we made a memory that will last a lifetime!
#2 - I got to teach her skills that my father taught me. If I think about it, that makes three generations represented in the restoration effort
#3 - I helped her develop the confidence to tackle a large project that she may not know all of the details on up-front.
#4 - The car fits in here somewhere ... but these other points are the more important

#5 ?? The opportunity to take pride in our work was one I had not anticipated. When she won those two awards, I was popping buttons in pride. What a thrill to stand with your child and watch her accept an award. It doesn't get any better. I hope you all get to experience the same ... whether with the cars or something else.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats on the great time spent with your daughter and the awards from the show. You two put together a beautiful car.

681 - 683 of 683 Posts