1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
WOW, new standard set for horrendous spelling. Bet it is not a real eliminator, the DS seat is not at least, can't tell much more. The hood scoop hole could be original maybe? If it is real, might be a good buy at substantially less than the asking price, say half. When somone who writes like that says the bodywork is already done (or anything else for that matter), I would view the statement(s) with a great deal of skepticism.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
If the hole in the hood, and pins are original, it is worth a heck of a lot more than $5K.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Good catch on the hood pins Paul. It is close to you, going to go check it out?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It is close to you, going to go check it out?
I am intrigued, that's for sure. I just walked away from a 55 ford. I still may go back and buy it. I'm sitting on some extra cash right now, so I have to admit that I'm interested. I don't want a project though. If I could slap it back together and drive it maybe. I'd like to get the vin and door tag info.

It is very close to me. I might be persuaded to go take a look if somebody really had interest.

I have to admit that I am more curious about the rust bucket 69 428CJR 4 speed ragtop in the classifieds. I have the money handy, And I've always wanted one. Again, not sure how much of a project I want to take on.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
There is no hole in the hood for the scoop on a 351 car.

My guess is that it is a real eliminator based on the color and the pic of the dash.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...I have to admit that I am more curious about the rust bucket 69 428CJR 4 speed ragtop in the classifieds. I have the money handy, And I've always wanted one. Again, not sure how much of a project I want to take on.
If you are talking about the one that Don posted the info about, yikes!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
The standard seats and what looks like crome around the gauges would make me question whether if it is an Eliminator.
Agreed .

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in the phila area, and have a friend looking at this car, can anyone decode the vin for us. Personally, I don't think its real

---9F91H505003-----

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the 5th digit should be a M if a eliminator , correct?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Not necessarily. Tough with just the VIN, because only a G code (302) would guarantee an Eliminator for 69. All other motors could be ordered with Eliminator. F for Dearborne is a good start, however that's an early sequential number, maybe others here more versed in when they were offered could chime in.

Need a Marti report to be sure. Can he get the door plate codes? if the vin on the door matches the car, then look to the interior codes and paint codes for more process of "elimination" to dig down w/out a Marti report. Use this site:

http://www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com/elim/defin/clones.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
He's looking at the car this Wed. I already told him to get the door plate codes ( Even though I know they can be changed). I would like to see it for myself, the car is only
1 mile away from where I keep my cougar. The owner has all the grill,scoop,and spoiler parts. The car sat at someone's body shop for the last couple of years, but the owner
got screwed. My friends brother works with the owner of the car, so he is holding off others until Wed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for your help, he just bailed out ! not real, not worth it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts