Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been remiss -- I just caught this one (a month after the fact) whilst perusing CL. I wonder if it was my (late) buddy's car...

·
Registered
726 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm.... The Marti report says automatic and the ad says 4-spd. I'm seeing warning flags being waved here...

I can't remember what Dave's car was... I last saw it over 25 years ago.

He had probably 50 cars in storage all over the place. Buick GS-X, Mustangs, the Elim, a 37(?) Buick 'vert that was 1 of 7 made, Caddy Eldorado limo... When he was carjacked/gunned down in his driveway by a couple of 15-yr old 'disadvantaged urban youths' for his Taurus station wagon... His estate didn't know where the cars were unless storage invoices came in. I'm sure many got lost in the caracks and were sold at storage auctions as abandoned...

·
Registered
87 Posts
This car has been for sale for at least a couple of months. The price has gone down to <$10K. Don't quote me on this, but I believe someone on here called about it recently and wasn't able to get a lot of straight answers (Note the Boss 429 hood scoop and non-sport mirror in the pictures of the "real" car).

Sorry to hear about your buddy. That's a terrible story.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Yeah, I've been watching the listings for it, and linking here: http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?55101-Eliminators-from-CL...

Last one I saw had it down to $9k. I sent the fellah an email asking for pics and some other basic info. All I got was an email restating his CL listing info.
No, I havent' tried calling. Could still be a good deal tho, if it is real.

That Marti that he shows is for a different car - a '70, that I believe was recently on Ebay and also in Hemmings, out of a dealer in Texas.
I think he is using it as an example, like the other pics of '69 cars.

Let us know if you guys call on it. Just for curiousity's sake :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts