Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a possibly serious problem with mine (after all that work, painted and about to be put on the car). I may end up needing to replace it. :cry: Please PM me with what you have, location, condition and price. The closer to the Northeast the better for shipping.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I also have an extra deck lid. I'm not sure if it is a 69 or 70. Click on the link below and scroll down the page for details and photos. The only thing is it would have to be picked up in CT as I do not have time to crate it up.

http://scottsgaragesale.weebly.com/69-70-cougar-items.html

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
e-bob what happened?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
e-bob what happened?
Eh, the typical "some rust in the lip", close to the middle/lock, thought I arrested it pretty well when I prepped the lid, but when I went to assemble the components before bolting it to the car I found the seam sealer/paint was kind of "oil can"-ing and took it back to the body shop. They thought that perhaps when they wet sanded before color that some moisture got inside, to the seam. The rest is, as they say, history. I am kind of sick about this since the lid (and everything else) is in paint and going together. After speaking with my guy at the shop he says they will be able to fix it up regardless, if not permanently, then well enough to put on the car until I get anopther lid and we prep and paint it. A bummer, but it'll be alright. I should have gotten a new lid, the current one was some work to get flat and looking nice - only to find out the lip was worse than anyone thought.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts