Mercury Cougar Owners banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Now on to the final headlight wiring and install. Going to make up small harnesses for each side that attache to the grille sections like the factory.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Now that the project is done is anyone interested in a slightly used well-taken-care-of custom grille for their 69 Cougar?

Font Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper
Iron Metal
Black Automotive exterior Bumper Iron Automotive design
Auto part Audio equipment Bumper Technology Rim
Auto part Rim Wheel

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great info on this conversion process. My vacuum system is still working well, but I would like to convert to an electric system before mine fails. Plus, I want to do the LED conversion to make it safer to drive at night. Wanted to put in my 2 cents to show some of us are still out here!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Great info on this conversion process. My vacuum system is still working well, but I would like to convert to an electric system before mine fails. Plus, I want to do the LED conversion to make it safer to drive at night. Wanted to put in my 2 cents to show some of us are still out here!
Thank you! I appreciate your comment. Reach out if you have any issues when you do your conversion I will be happy to help if I can.

·
Registered
70 Mercury Cougar 351c FMX transmission
1 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Cougar 351C 4 barrel with 4 wheel disks custom interior getting new paint mild cam AOD trans
19 Posts
Looks to me like there have been 411 views ... that make 410 lurkers and me here that wants you to know I appreciate the effort you are going through to share your knowledge and findings on this project ..
I went through a lot of the same things you did I bought a 70 that had a lot done to it one was the headlights it had a electric conversion on the covers that took forever to open so I bought a new one that uses a gear drive and it worked fine but when the headlights came on they would work about 3 min before the breaker tripped when I checked it had aircraft landing lights they take a LOT of amps so I did like you and went for leds they work but boy did they cost a LOT of money and I didn’t find used ones
Glad yo got yours working.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts