Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 69 hardtop M code with factory installed speed control but unfortunately its missing a few parts. The previous owner tossed the cruise parts on the intake when he switched over to a aluminum intake. IM in the process of switching everything back original so IM also in need of a factory 4v intake and carb. If anyone has a factory installed speed control diagram I would greatly appreciate a copy of it. Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Here is a 68 diagram, but I think it is the same for 69. Picture of the 68 componets. 67cruisecontrol.jpg cruisenos2.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The servo for a 1969 is attached directly to the gas pedal and is located on the under the dash.

JAMES
Correct, mine is still attached to the pedal. The transducer with wiring, both speedo cables, cruise stalk and the switch under the heater vents in the center of the dash are all there. Everything that connects to the carb is missing and Im not sure what those componets consist of.

Thanks for the info, guys

Chris

·
Registered
274 Posts
Chris,
There is nothing in the '69 system that connects to the carb for the servo, as it is all controlled directly at the accelerator pedal.

JAMES

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris,
There is nothing in the '69 system that connects to the carb for the servo, as it is all controlled directly at the accelerator pedal.

JAMES
Oh, so maybe it's complete. This is my first Cougar with cruise so IM very unfamilar with it. Thanks guys for all your help!

Chris

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I just bought a 68 Mercury Commuter Wagon with a fairly complete set up. If there is anything you need from this car, let me know [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts