Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the cross member brace under the oil pan is the same on all 69s, or is the big block different form the small block?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Look under ur own cars and compare? :) just a though with that fleet of cats listed

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look under ur own cars and compare? :) just a though with that fleet of cats listed
Ha! Good point, but I'm not sure if the one under my 428s is corrrect to begin with. They look the same as the 351, but in one car they are shimmed to clear the pan; thats the origin of my question.

·
Registered
389 Posts
hahaha i figured something along those lines....btw cant remember if i told u or not, but sweet 68...i took tons of pics at the ford show in FW....sweet car. that and the blue 68 that was in the same area urs was were our favorites (kinda partial to 68s i guess hahaha)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha i figured something along those lines....btw cant remember if i told u or not, but sweet 68...i took tons of pics at the ford show in FW....sweet car. that and the blue 68 that was in the same area urs was were our favorites (kinda partial to 68s i guess hahaha)
Thanks a bunch- I will pass that along to the owner.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
All the same 67-70

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Joe,

There are different engine frame mounts and insulators. Might have the wrong ones hence the need for the shims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts