Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to the Cougar scene I am wanting to hear from anyone who is in the UK with a Cougar. My 69 351 Std Hartop was just imported from the states and I have met 2 other owners and emailed a third. How many more of us are there. I am assuming that my 69 is one of only a handful over here. Of the people that I have met, 1 has two 69's (including JDALU's ex parts car) and the other has a 68 XR7 w/302 which has been in the London area since new. Anyone who remembers my car (see pic) from the So Cal club - I would like to learn more about its history.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim, I have already spoken to Barrie. The only other person whose details he gave me were for the guy I had already met at the show I went to. Thanks for the info anyway though.

It seems as though it's a small world, especially being a Cougar owner.

Any more takers?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Good luck with your search, I am trying to find cougar owners in South Africa, so far have found and spoken to 2, one 68 and one 73, and I believe there are one or two others that race in Cape Town, but none of them use the net, we are so backwards here.
If I come across any UK ones in my search I will pass them on to you.

·
Registered
889 Posts
boy i thought it was mine

That car is almost Identicle to mine I had to do a double take

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am hoping that one day someone will really recognise the car. There are a lot of questions about it that I have no answer for. The So Cal club contact wasn't very helpful. He just wanted the tags as far as I could tell. Once I mentioned that I thought they should remain with the car, he seemed to lose interest.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts