Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
69/70 cougar

SW.
this subject was up before on yahoo message board.It is a 69 but someone has added a 70 front end to it.Its a guy trying to fool someone but the cougar people know for sure what it is because if you look at it it has somewhat fresh looking paint.But just warn anyone that doesnt know and wants a 70 to get a TRUE 70 And vice a versa for a 69 model.Plus the car has 1/2 power wndows and 1/2 manual windows.(pointed out by WVCAT aka john hudson)
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
not to mention the fenders are 69 not 70 from the looks of it. plus he removed the headrest. whos to say how bad this thing may be.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
In the seller's post he mentions that he put on a 70's hood cos he said it looked better, was this info offered originally.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You know I really have my doubts about these low milage cars. Hell half of em for sale on e-bay were all little ole ladys cars that only drove them to church on sundays!!!

I'm sorry I just have a hard time beliving all that, and to be brutaly honest I think alot of them are lying crooks!

If that car is a 40k mile car, how come is the drivers seat bun smashed half flat. Yeah 40k miles of Refigerator Perry driving it maybe!

Also the motor and trans didnt need rebuilt so he did it for the fun of it! LOL

Truth be known the car was probably hit in the front and the guy got a deal on 70 parts to fix it with. mm

·
Registered
866 Posts
It is most likely a 140k mile car. And Mark is probably right, the thing got hit in the front, and thats all he could find in the scrap yard.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I wish you guys would come here and give our salesmen a going over, they all need to catch a wake-up, still waiting for a reply on that Mustang Mach 1 story - from the sales folks.
What was this 69??? sellers name,' bad-ronnie', that should give anyone a clue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts