Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 XR7 428CJ ram air R code for sale in Connecticut. I bought this as a project to restore nince years ago, acquired all the hard to get pieces, and find myself with too many unfinished projects. I have the interior out and stored inside as well as the motor and transmission. The shell has been garaged or covered since I've owned it, and the previous owner said he did the same.

The car is burnt orange with black leather/vinyl interior, AM/FM radio, consol, styled steel wheels, AC, Power Windows, etc.

The motor was supposidly rebuild before I bought the car. I could see it was all together and taped off to keep moisture out, and that the oil was fresh. The transmission is correct, with the cat iron tailshaft. I acquired over the years the correct cast iron exhaust manifolds, nodular rear, distributor, carb, emissions pieces, factory ram air hood, power window components, ram air components, NOS front wheel lip moldings, NOS trunk lid molding, NOS center section for grill, etc.

This is not a numbers matching car, but a baically complete period correct car that has all the hard to get pieces to make right. The motor has a Feb 69 date code on it, and the car build date is Nov 68. Some body work was done by the previous owner, but it needs more. The floors have some rust as does the trunk and door bottoms, but far from bad. This car is in significantly better shape than my other XR7 I restored.

Some pictures are at http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/URKy7xbM/1/5595996 and I can take more as requested including the stored parts I've acquired. I'm asking $15,000 for it all. Thanks for looking. rcode.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the site and good luck with the sale, I approved your post.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Looks pretty solid Omar! well optioned too....wish i had the dinero! Whats the location?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Jay Slawson has been posting wanted ads for a car like this for months now. He says it MUST have black interior. Look in the Cougars wanted section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I talked with Jay awhile ago, and will try again. The odometer shows 54,000 miles, and based on the interior and overall condition, I believe it. I attached the DRIVER's seat - almost perfect. Passenger seat is great, door panels great, dash pad great. There is so much positive about the car. I'll take more photos over the weekend and post.
S1190014.JPG

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
The motor was supposidly rebuild before I bought the car. I could see it was all together and taped off to keep moisture out, and that the oil was fresh. The transmission is correct, with the cat iron tailshaft.

This is not a numbers matching car, but a basically complete period correct car that has all the hard to get pieces to make right. The motor has a Feb 69 date code on it, and the car build date is Nov 68.
Hello Omureebe,

Do you happen to have the partial VIN from the back of the block? I'm curious where the engine may have come from. And you never know, someone here may recognize it as thier original engine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - First line blind I guess! This would be a great one for somebody with a soft spot for burnt orange....if that was a 4 spd car --- oh mamma!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've uploaded pictures of most of the interior (front and rear seats, door panels, dash pad, power windows) and other parts like smog stuff, ram air parts, chrome valve covers, carb, distributor, side mirror, etc. I think the flash made some parts look odd - glossy in some, rough in others, and didn't do justice to how good the parts are. I didn't pull the NOS center grille, NOS front wheel lip moldings, or NOS hood lip molding out, but it's there safe in it's packaging.

I can be reached at 203-873-1210 (cell) for more questions. Thanks for your interest.

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/URKy7xbM/1/5595996

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is this car still for sale?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts