Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I dont understand with places that sell cars(individuals I understand)...Why have a car with a very nice paint job and interior that looks nice (exception of a few missing pieces) And spend $20 on an air cleaner and expect to get good money for it....When the egine needs to be detailed cost is not that much but makes a world of difference...

Again I can understand if it is an individual selling may not be able dont understand but a shop that sells classic cars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0738822961&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I believe this dealer is a consignment shop so the car is presented with whatever level of detail the owner brought it in with.

I agree with you on the engine detail though. For less than $300, you can do a complete cosmetic makeover over the course of a long weekend.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Not to say this didn't happen, but a good retailer would STRONGLY suggest detailing the engine area. Just like a good real estate broker will point out the problems and opportunities that will make your home have better curb appeal, both exterior and interior wise.

It's so important, DETAIL, DETAIL, DETAIL.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
This car belongs, or did, to a member of this board. I think he offered it here. Kompact Kar Korner has been around for ever. My brother bought his 69 Mach 1 from them back in 1975. They do consignments and do buy a lot of classics. I can not give any info about the car other then it looks sweet. 'cept under the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts