Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For previous conversations and pictures, Link
http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?57455-69-351W-4V-build

So, I have been doing some surgery to my rusty old cat. Here are some progress pics.

Old floor out

New floor mock up

New tacked in with Seat riser mock up.

She is coming along slow but sure. The floor pan is both seam welded and rosette welded in. I will be undercoating both inside and outside surfaces to prevent future rust issues.
Will post more as it progresses.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine look pretty close, but the lower I can get them, the better. I'm 6'6", so every inch counts :p They fit pretty good. I ordered them from Laurel Mountain Mustang, and the service was great. The CSR said that these were the shorter ones and should be fairly comparable to my current risers. I will look into hacking them a little bit. I also plan on moving them back about 3 inches to help with the knee/dashboard proximity. I will likely do some measuring on Wednesday or Friday. Ideally, I will have the passenger side floor pan at least tacked in on Friday. My only concern is the big hole I have on the drivers side next to the trans tunnel where I was a bit over zealous when I was hacking away with the sawzall. I suppose another order to LMM is in order for firewall patch panels :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts