Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new here and have been reading up on some stuff but I am looking at a 69 Cougar that I want for a little project car but I am leary on buying it because I am not finding much aftermarket support for body panels. I know the car has been restored about 15 years ago and bondo was used but I would like to restore it in the future the right way. The specs of the car are:
69 with a 351w and a 4spd manual and the guy made it an Eliminator Clone.

The price I am comfortable with providing the car checks out when I finally do get to check it out.

I will try to post pics later, cant post at work.

Thanks.

Gilby

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and Finally pics:

and my other toys:
Pulling Truck

Her Winter Car, My DD, and my other toy...

And the other Project:

in the last pic you can see my "little" work shop.

Thanks for the advice guys

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tried to post a pic, mods must have denied it.

this would be to add to my collection of :
08 Taurus - her car
00 F250 PSD - hauler
98 Cobra - toy
97 Mountaineer - her winter car
95 Mark VIII - My DD
77 GMC - Other Resto Project.

THanks for the welcomes guys!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yeah, there are plenty of used panels available that fit much better than the made-in-Taiwan Goodmark panels offered for the more popular muscle cars, ie. Camaros and Mustangs, and for close to the same price. WestCoastClassicCougars.com hoards them for us.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah, there are plenty of used panels available that fit much better than the made-in-Taiwan Goodmark panels offered for the more popular muscle cars, ie. Camaros and Mustangs, and for close to the same price. WestCoastClassicCougars.com hoards them for us.
quick question, i think they are goodmark panels ive seen, but how well do the repro floor pans and rear lower quarter panels fit? thats all im gonna need, just the front/short pans and the rear behind the wheels sections...well that and the trunk floor but thats another issue...

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
the chinese cheaper versions (edp coated, black) are CR#$P...be sure to get the canada made ones that are not edp coated (bare steel). On my 'vert I replaced both sides front and rear floor pans. I tried the cheap junk after using one of the canada ones and could see and feel the difference before I even tried to put them in the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright do you have to have a minimum number of posts to be able to post pics or what? The guy is asking $4800 and I am hoping to get it for much less. I know how much it was sold for a year or so ago and unless there was quite a bit of work put into it the guy is trying to make some money...

I've tried to post pics a few times and it just says the mods have to approve but it never gets approved.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome!!!! I hope it works out for you!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Body parts are easy to come by...

<table id="Contents Table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1969 - 1970 Mercury Cougar Fender Grade "B" - Used
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: 69Bfender
Price:<s>$275.00</s>
$0.00

For a limited time (while supplies last) all of our grade "B" fenders are free when you order $1000 or more from us in a single order. Limit one per customer, does not include shipping or crating costs. If you do not order . . .

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
alright do you have to have a minimum number of posts to be able to post pics or what? The guy is asking $4800 and I am hoping to get it for much less. I know how much it was sold for a year or so ago and unless there was quite a bit of work put into it the guy is trying to make some money...

I've tried to post pics a few times and it just says the mods have to approve but it never gets approved.
you need to go to photbucket and start an account then use there service to post pictures very easy to use....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you need to go to photbucket and start an account then use there service to post pictures very easy to use....
I used the photobucket website. when I tried to post it said that the Moderators needed to approve what I was trying to post. I even tried to just post a hyperlink to the photos that I have and still didnt work.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I dont know then..... maybe the new admin has new rules...do a search how to post pictures there is a sticky somewhere that maybe of some help...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

these were on the ad, going to check it out Wednesday after work! probably going to end up pissing off the wife lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts