Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm trying to see what i can do with this thing. I just bought another project and am now running out of time, space and money for this. Ive had it for almost 10 years, and have not scratched the surface of what i wanted to do. Its going to need quite a bit of body work on the rear quarters, and some new front fenders, but other than that, body is very solid. Its 99.99 percent complete, only missing maybe a few things as small as a window crank or such things. I've re-wired it with a painless kit, and installed Dakota Digital gauges throughout. Its got a 351 Cleveland that skips a beat and almost runs, but is going to need some tuning. It has a edelbrock performer intake and 700 cfm carb. Like i said, needs a bunch of work, but WILLING to let go of for a reasonable offer. I am also considering trades of all sorts, but if nothing sparks an intrest with money or trades, i will keep for myself as for i've waited 10 years while being deployed on aircraft carriers over and over. Yeah, some emotional ties with it.

Thanks all and let me know IMG00083.jpg 1025101533.jpg IMG00084.jpg IMG00086.jpg IMG00083.jpg 1025101533.jpg IMG00084.jpg IMG00086.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Take it off the trailer???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry dont have any other pictures of it. It is off the trailer and I am going to make a decission on it soon. Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any possible trades. If nothing too great comes of it, i am going to hang onto it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

trav2210 at gmail.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys, well i am going to try and sell this thing now. I have a 67 fastback mustang i am trying to restore for the wife, and i truly am wanting a 69 or 70 mustang fastback rather than the cougar. If i can't sell it, i will restore the rest of it, and sell it for more. Anywho, i am open to trades for 69-70 F/B Mustangs or $7k obo. If you're interested, let me know if you need more pictures.

Travis

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Best of luck Travis. I think unless you spend a little more time on it you are going to have a hard time getting anything even in the neighbourhood of where you are asking. :/ Just too many 69's out there selling for way less.

Too bad you don't have time to work on it but hey.. Doesn't hurt to ask the $7k and see what you can get. Sort of looks (from what limited we can see from the pics) like a $4k ish car that needs body work, a paint job, engine work, a new gas tank (if it has been sitting for 10 years) and new brakes all round. (Again the sitting.)

I wish you well man. 67 Mustangs are nice cars as well. Not a fan of the 70s but hey you gotta work on what you enjoy :)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
nice job trav.
after completion your work please do inform me whether you succeeded or not.
i will anxiously wait for your response
Grayson, unless I've missed something, I think he is trying to sell. So I wouldn't get overly anxious waiting for a response. :buck:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, spartikus you are right. 7k is way too much, but you said it best "see what I can get out of it" I also think subconciously i priced it so high so it wouldn't sell, because i like it so much. But then again i like the 69 and 70 fastback mustangs more. Anywho, thanks guys for replying, and if you know anyone that could be interested, let me know if they have an offer.

Also, i don't know if there is a place on the cougar website, but i am doing a whole thread on the 67 fastback that i am doing for my wife. So far it needs basically a whole front end, floors quarters most of the trunk floors and maybe even frame rails. Pretty much everything on the lower half of the car. Reason being is because it was a South Dakota car. Anywho, I cut off and out the firewall forward as one whole section so when i got to replace it, i have an easy diagram to compare it to. haha

thanks again guys
Travis

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well,

I'm coming down to the wire on my PCS transfer out of california, and I think I am going to have to get rid of the cougar for what I can. I really Really hate to do it, but I just don't have the room at my new duty station for it and my other cars. This is the best oportunity for someone looking for a great deal on a 69. If i don't get any offers, its going into storage again for another 5 or more years. Like I said, if anyone is interested, let me know, and yes I am open to offers (any)

Thanks guys
Travis

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Bob, Grayson is a spammer. See the link to the site in his signature? That is called a back link and they do that to improve search results. "He" gets paid to put links on sites. As an Admin you need to be banning him and deleting the posts.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bob, Grayson is a spammer. See the link to the site in his signature? That is called a back link and they do that to improve search results. "He" gets paid to put links on sites. As an Admin you need to be banning him and deleting the posts.
I was aware of Grayson as you know, but nothing further has happened. I will deal with this person just the same.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The cougars vin is 9f91h57847. Like i said, I bought the car when I was living in colorado, but i then joined the navy. I had my parents store the car in our shop, and until about 3 or 4 months ago, thats where it's been sitting for about 6 years. My parents called me one day, and said they were moving out of their house, and that they would be bringing the cougar down to me. Anyways, a long story short, now i have the cougar which i cannot store very easily, and due to deployments, and moving, I think it would be easier to sell it. Let me make this point though, I am going to sell the car. I don't really care too much about getting every penny I can, its more of a project that i need gone, and hate to see it go. I am not saying that i will take 14 dollars for it, but then again, i am not asking for a million. A reasonable offer is garunteed to be accepted. Like i said, i need this thing sold fast, before i deploy agian and have to move.

Thanks guys, and give me a call if you need

Travis
97068906nine one
Trav2210 at GMAIL.com

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Travis,

Not for nothing, but you really want a shot on selling the car, you need to do better at presenting it for consideration and be more definitive on the price than was 7K and now more than $14 but less than $1M.

For inspiration, look at Don Rush's previous ads or Bill Pratt's (forget his handle, search "Catvert" and you'll find him).

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay guys, i will get some more pictures up tonight. I am asking 4000 OBO for it. Like i said, i need this thing to move fast. I am also putting it up on ebay so we will see where that goes. Its on craigslist, and in my local paper too.

If you have any specific questions, let me know

Travis

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At this point, i'm about to accept any offer i get. If you have one, now is the time to send it. I have the title in hand and need extremely bad to get rid of the cougar so i can plan my transfer.

pm me for more

travis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts