Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the 69 convertable have GT options? I got a report based on the original invoice form Martiautoworks that says it came with GT under options.....Michelle

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yep there were 1717 Standard GT's and 1547 XR7 GT's according to the numbers on TCCN. It does not break down the Convertibles to Hardtops.

1969 GT Equipment Package:
Low restriction dual exhaust
E70 X 14 fiberglass-belted tires
Competition handling package
Power dome hood stripes (black or silver) with "351" and Cougar head graphic

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Welcome Michelle!

:wave:
Judy

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Marti's 'Cougar.....By The Numbers' breaks it down further:
1,466 HT
251 CONV
1200 XR-7 HT
347 XR-7 CONV

CCOA doesn't seem to recognize 1969 GTs. There aren't any "GT" emblems or markings as there were in 67/68 and 71/72. The brochure lists it as a "351 Performance Group" so is it actually a GT?

I'm scratching my head on this one!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
69 GT

See this is why I am confused!!!!! Marti's report def shows my 69 as having GT under options....M:cry:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
69 Cougar GT Convertable

OK so looking at my "Deluxe Report" from MArtiautoworks, I also see under 'statisitics' that my car was on of 251 with the 'GT equipment group' So I am looking for anyone else with one of these reports or an original invoice to do further research on this issue....pass the word if you can...thanks...Michelle

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
wow. sounds like a rare car indeed. good find :) and welcome to the boards of course. another California Cat is awlays welcome :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Great find! Better keep that car!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey Michelle, welcome to the site. Great people here and tons of knowledge. Have fun with your coug!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Everyone! Still lost tho...

Well I am really confused about this GT thing...Thanks for all the help and welcomes!....M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts