Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Trying to figure out how water is supposed to drain off the back of the ragtop? It appears as if it just runs down a U channel and dumps into the bottom of the rear window area through a couple of holes in the outer rocker? Is this for real? If so it is not surprising my inner rockers were virtually non existant. If this is the case has anyone altered the stock system to divert water elswhere? I attached a photo of my rear quarter removed. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanx

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
you are correct, that is the way the water goes.
i am at that point to do something about it.
this was not a good idea from the start.
amazing that any of these converts are still on the road.
this is also why the 1/4's rot.

at first thought, i would use some of that big clear hose like about 1 1/2 inch.
there is also the leaf deprise that will go down there.
then run it out the wheel well some how.
i have to wait until i get the power window regs. back in.

thoughts on this would be great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drain fix.jpg Was thiinking the same with the hose idea. Also this idea with a one inchish square metal tube.When it comes out of the wheel well was going to make it protrude say a half inch so it doesnt trickle down the inside of the well. As you can see my paint skills are a little primitive.

·
Registered
97 Posts
looks good. if it were curved instead of the angle it might be easier to clean out.
maybe if it was welded in place it can double as an extra support in that spot.?

there is a support that connects the back curtain area and is welded to the top of the inner wheel house.
i have three converts and two out of the three have pulled apart at the spot weld.
i will give that some thought in the spring.

i think i have an old lawn table that might be a good place for some curved square tubing. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts