Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this board, I usually a mustang guy. I have 67 fastback that was my first car in 87 and still my love. I recently got the bug to get a nice cruiser, being that my stang is a very worked small block. I wanted a convertible, BUT MUSTANG PRICES ARE OUTRAGES. While serching for an "easy" resto mustang I came across this car. It's 69 S code with a 4spd tranny. Cougars ride so much better, so that was that. A few days of negotiation, it was mine. 90,000 1 owner miles. It's all there but rough. Missing a console, glove box and heater box. It seems someone tried to fix the heater core and missed placed them. I feel lucky. I was looking to settle on a small block convertible and I end up with a rare big block convertible. I really look foward to diving into this project. The floors and rails are solid. A bubble behind each rear wheel. Thanks for all the info on this sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a little rough but not all that bad off - you'll have a real nice ride with a little work :) Congrats!

·
Registered
406 Posts
All you have to do to get that paint to shine like new is just buff and wax it, it looks like - then put on a new top and you'd already have a damn good looking ride, hell it already looks damned good. - Chad

·
Registered
364 Posts
all that and red, too!

sorta. the paint looks original but the rust on the engine looks like it's been kept outside. you don't show the left side, but all i can see is one small ding in the right door. quite a find, indeed!

we all await the "after" photos.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments..

It is going to need some paint. The car was stored indoors except for the last few years. I think thats where most of the rust comes in. The paint is real dull. Original paint. All the body trim has dings. So does the grill. It's going to take some time.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt car,wanna trade for a non running, removed ( but present ) 4 spd Q code 72 Mach1?? Cmon, your a Mustang guy right??? it will be good for you. LOL jk jk jk. really really nice car. its gonna be a sweet cruiser come summer. of course, it would be sweeter out here in Cali..................

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FUNNY!

I Just got the car home today! I guess I'll start the new year out right! Q code, cali car! would be a nice car but... I'm never selling this car. Everything I expected and more. The guy told me the grill was shot.. it's not. Only one half is has bend. but again there is more pitting on tailights an the rear valance is dented. The interior metal surfaces have surface rust(seat tracks knobs etc..). I'll keep you updated..

ps part donation are REALLY appreciated. Anyone with a 4spd console insert? please..

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i hit the junkyards alot around here, i see Cougars every so often, if you need anything else let me know and i would be able to send out that way if you need it. as far as a donation??? errr, maybe we wont go that far, but at least you can have some California Cougar on your cat lol. I just sold a grill on Ebay like 2 days ago. if i had know would have given you first crack at it. oh well, let me know whata up. maybe i can trade for Mach 1 parts.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts