Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Here is an e-mail we received via the Cougar Club of New England website. We don't know the seller or the car, but I'm posting it here for anyone who may be interested.

Dear Club;<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I have a vehicle that my father, who has gotten too old to repair or use, needs to sell and am putting out the word. If this is something that you could post on your site of pass around i would be much appreciative . . .<o:p></o:p>

For <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Sale</st1:place></st1:city>: 1969 Cougar XR-7 Convertible. ONE OF A KIND, ONE OWNER UNRESTORED! Original factory 428, numbers matching, C-6 auto, factory original working cold air induction system. Power disc brakes, power steering, Power windows. Air conditioning, <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:city> locker rear, white leather interior, aqua paint. Nearly all options available for this model including the factory original 8-Track Stereo. This piece of history NEEDS a complete restoration. Has not been started in five years. Any items that were removed have been stored, original window sticker first day pictures, original silicone seamed glass rear window, and much more. Car spent one garaged winter in <st1:state w:st="on">Illinois</st1:state> and we moved to <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:state>. Asking $15.250.00 Contact for pictures (562-810-2876)<o:p></o:p>

Thank You,<o:p></o:p>

Steve Overstreet

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
SWEET! I called and said forget about the "asking" price, I will take it for that and then some as is! Hitching up trailer now... Thanks Bill!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Just as I was ready to make a phone call I see Don's post. you were quick on this one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Damn Don...how about leaviong some for us guys that have been looking for a LONG time.....I m working today and this was as quick as I could get to it....

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I too have been looking for one I could actually afford to keep. All the others were bought by the Bank, ie the old "Line-O-Credit". Very excited to have the opportunity to actually get to buy one from an original owner. The car is a full on project but is not rusty. He says it has most options but no power seat or tilt... He is emailing me the door tag data, he has never been in a club so it should be new to the registry. Crossing my fingers for that life long pursuit of a 14L date code (Day I was born).

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Crossing my fingers for that life long pursuit of a 14L date code (Day I was born).
WOW Don, I didn't know you were born in 1450 (the L after the 14 for roman numeral 50):1poke:. You don't look a day over 40. :buck: John

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Nope... Paypal payment sent, acknowledged and shipping arrangements being made. Not one to play games as you know. I was thinking originally of having it transported but the more I talk to the original owners Son about the history, the more I want to meet him in person. How often does one get to go through an original owners photo album and hear the stories? This guy kept everything including take off parts, smog, window sticker and so on.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Don sure is decisive and in a position to pounch when he sees a SCHMOKIN' deal, I'm jealous!! Don, you sum beotch!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Don

Let me know the details on the car. Sounds like it could be equipped very similar to my 428 conv. Is it light or dark aqua?

Steve

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Post some pics when you can Don.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Thanks guys! Steve is a "Video Dude" so I hope to get an interview with him and his Dad about their memories. He says digital pictures and door tag info is on the way this eve. Keep in mind it has been under a tarp in his yard for 10 years and not started in five so we are not talking about a survivor here...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That tarp is a bit scary, at least in this part of the country. Sweats, rusts, sweats, rusts, and in grass is scary too.

Hope its what you want. I'm sure you asked the right questions, so wish you the best.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
442 Posts
Don, you dog you! You had just made this deal when I had you on the phone this afternoon. Another great find, can't wait to see pictures. Sal

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well, how pleased were you with pictures, and door tag info?

Someone once said, PICTURES, PICTURES..................We love PICTURES.

Dale in Indy

1 - 20 of 51 Posts