Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again!
I have been hearing stories about an original owner eliminator in this area for about 5 years now. Actually saw the car a couple of years ago but was headed the wrong direction. Today the story took a turn for the good.Seems my assistant manager's brother-in-law drags with this same guy. I now have his name and hopefully tommorrow will have his phone #. Supposedly the cat has a 302 in it which could mean only one thing, right? BOSS? The guy is suppeosed to have a garage full of parts also so I really hope to catch up to him just to see a real live original eliminator. The only thing I know for sure (from seeing it go down the road) is that it IS comp orange. The rest I hope to find out soon!!:D

wish me luck
Chuck

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Cooooool, is there a chance theres a Comp Orange Boss 302 Elim. in your driveway soon. :)

Rick

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dark7068 said:
Cooooool, is there a chance theres a Comp Orange Boss 302 Elim. in your driveway soon. :)

Rick
As the story goes, this guy bought it just before shipping out to 'Nam. He stored it during that time and has owned it ever since. I've only seen it the one time despite knowing about it for several years (we are a VERY small community) and he has never had it at any of the local car shows. So my guess is he knows what he has and won't be parting with it any time soon:cry: :cry: :cry: !! Oh well. Just to see it and be able to sit in it would rock my boat!!:D

Besides, Someone like me shoudn't own a rare cat like this in this stage of my life. I can't seem to leave things original and this cat, if it is a original '69 Boss deserve to remain just that.

Chuck

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
UNNNGGGGHHHH..... eliminator.....boss 302.......drooooooooooool. maybe i should change my avatar to homer simpson?

·
Contributing Member
127 Posts
69 Boss Eliminator

Chuck,

I can't believe there may be one close to me here in VA. We are currently restoring a 69 Boss Elim and would loved to also see one that is originally owned to compare. Our car has been sitting since 1977 with 90,000 miles. As far as we can tell it is 95-98% original.

If you find out anything thing, please let me know. He may be #39 out of 169. Our car was #38 as of Sept 02 according to Boss 302 registry.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Janet-
I will certainly let you and everyone else know if I find out anything. I "think" I spoke to the owner's grandmother today. If I had the right person, the original owner, her son, is dead and evidently the car still belongs to the wife or son. I'm waiting for a call hopefully as the lady did take the info I gave her to pass along. If that doesn't work, I'll go straight through my assistant's brother-in-law.
Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts