Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a 69 aqua, grade A console base but will buy complete console if need be. Also need 1969-1970 white xr7 door pull strap. Will pay retail! 503-463-1130

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bump... I really need an entire console the more I look at it. Also need DS convertible aqua A pillar plastic trim, white leather 69 PS seat and a rear seat for a vert in white if it is really clean. I know these are long shots but folks call us all the time with long shots and we connect on occasion! BTW, pull strap has been located.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Don: i have a full white interior for an xr7 69 vert. have a maroon console, but not aqua. Call at 940 595-5210 or email [email protected] Might consider trades for NOS parts.
Joe

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Need some white seat hinge covers? I have a set.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Console came in no fewer than 20 pieces... Small single walled used box with wadded up newspaper just does not cut it. We knew the second it came off the truck chances were slim it would be in one piece. BUMMMER!!! Very hard piece to find in Aqua, one year only, not found in Mustang. Still looking...

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are so brittle. What a shame it goes to waste. I've bought from that seller and had good luck - items as described. Guess fragile stuff is not his forte.
I too have bought from him and been happy, I refrained from emailing him and giving him suggestions on packaging because of his veteran status. I almost never bid on consoles for this reason... My criteria for packaging is to after you have packaged it to go out to the driveway and throw it as far up in the air as you can and see if it passes. Why? Because as soon as it leaves your site United Parcel Smashers will do the same.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I too have bought from him and been happy, I refrained from emailing him and giving him suggestions on packaging because of his veteran status. I almost never bid on consoles for this reason... My criteria for packaging is to after you have packaged it to go out to the driveway and throw it as far up in the air as you can and see if it passes. Why? Because as soon as it leaves your site United Parcel Smashers will do the same.
You aren't telling us you are just eating the purchase because the seller didn't pack it right, are you? Veteran or not, c'mon now!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You should definitely email him. If he doesn't realize the packaging wasn't good enough he'll keep doing it the same way. Just because someone has a lot of experience doesn't mean they're any good at it. At least try to help future buyers get their items undamaged.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No... The good thing about ebay / paypal, if you don't get what you paid for you get your money back whether the seller agrees or not.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I worked for UPS for a short period of time as a driver a long time ago in my early 20's. I gave many.... packages the UPS toss!! Usually the ones with screwed up address you couldn't find. It would get the UPS toss to the back of the truck until it work it's way to the front again. After three days bouncing around in the truck then it would get sent back. Otherwise, I was pretty gentle with the ones that were address correctly. Most got damaged being shipped in the semi trailers to the terminal. Just think your package could have about ten boxes on top of it in the trailer bouncing down one of the freeways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts