Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size rivets to use to put on the roof medallions for my 69 XR7?the po ground off the originals and filled in the holes.I've seen a few sets listed on Ebay that show pop rivets to mount them.then the next question would be how the heck would you mount them?would I have to rivet the clips and the black backing to the car first then some how get the medallion the stick to it.I wouldn't want these to fall off.has anyone ever done this before?any:1zhelp: is always welcome.

Thanks

Terry

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Im missing one emblem on one side. I can take a pic tonight. They are like small posts. also I think 3m makes a double sided sticky stuff that works good

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen what they look like,almost like the head of a small common nail.I've looked at one in the wreckers but couldn't see how Ford install the posts.I've seen NOS ones on Ebay that come with mounting hardware and all they are are pop rivets.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The posts are welded from behind. Mine were ground off as well. I used 3M Plastic Emblem Adhesive to reattach them. Be warned though, apply it to the emblem and be rock damn certain where you place it as it isn't coming off after you apply it. It sets up in about 30 seconds which is nice...

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I didn't use any sticky tape. My black backing was still attached to the medallion, I simply applied a thin bead of 3M emblem adhesive to the black backing, slapped it in place, held it for 3-5 minutes to be sure it was set up and did the other side...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
This is what the posts look like. it might be easyer to use adhesive. I just wish i had a emblem for this side. still.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts