Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. I might be going to NC this weekend to look at a '70 being parted out in a yard down there. I don't know alot about the car except that it is a standard, has no drivetrain, and I think it has the tan houndstooth? interior. Anyways, I'm probably buying the hood, front fender extensions and grill/light works. Is there anything else anyone would like for me to check out while I'm there. I'll try to get some pics if anyone has any special interests.
ALSO- IF I buy the hood etc., I will be having the same for sale for a '69 if anyone is interested. If I do this, I would just be looking to recoup my losses for buying the '70 stuff which is going to be $125. :1poke:

Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glenn-
The parts car I'm checking out is just south of Greensboro. My hood is in good shape. It's red. I haven't paid any attention, but I do not believe there is any rust under the lip or anything like that. If still interested, I will look at it in more detail and even take pictures if you want. It does have an outward indent in the middle directly above the carb. It looks as if it was closed on the air cleaner bolt with it screwed out. I say this because I did it once on a '70 I had and it looks identical to my boo-boo.
Chuck

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hey Chuck thats easy to fix, just put a scoop on it....lol When you check out the parts car take a look at the hockey sticks and reverse bezels, I could use nicer ones. I may be interested in options too like rear defrost, power windows, or delay wipers(yeah like you wouldn't take those huh...lol). I would be interested in the rear valance if its in good condition, mine has to dents after the race track mishap last summer.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John-
Better solution: replace it with a '70 hood!:1poke:

Will check those out for you.

Chuck:D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Now thats a good solution!!! BTW are you going for the full 70 look?... tail lights & marker lights too? Of course then you have to change the column, better check to see if the parts car has tilt, mine does but its an xr7. I know you don't want to here this but I traded my extra front bumper at columbus...didn't know you were planning the swap.
John

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought you'd like that solution! Taillight-probably. Other than that, probably not. It (the swap) is something I've wanted to do for a long time and have casually mentioned a couple of times, but had never had as good an oppurtunity until this came along. As for the bumper- OH WELL. Guess I can wait for one for now. I think the guy that had the '70 for sell in Princeton has an extra front bumper, but I'm waiting until I know for sure I will be able to pull this off before I contact him. The bumper doesn't even have to be great as far as chrome is concerned because I think I would like to either black it out or go body color. The sad thing is, I will probably end up spending as much for the bumper as I will for the hood and lights. We'll see.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glenn-
I don't have digital, so I have to take picturesthe old fashioned way then scan them so it might be aa few days, but I will get back to you.
Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
made it down to the part car today!

Hey all-
I made it down to the yard in NC today and picked up my '70 hood, front fender extensions, grill/light works and rear lights plus some other odds and ends. I took several pics and should have them back by Tuesday. The car has a decent amount of salvageable stuff on it still. No drivetrain what so ever. It's even siitting on rear valance! what is sad, is the car has no noticeable major damage to cause it to be in a j-yard. The only dent I saw was a minor looking one on driver's fender. A little rust in the normal areas (ie: rear fender well, bottom of doors) She was an air condition car at one time In the trunk is what is left of the engine compartment, including air condition compressor, intake manifold w/old carb, numerous pistons, a starter, and I'm assuming since this was a 351C 2v car, the heads from a 2v cleveland. I can tell you for sure the rockers were offset, and the ports were quite large.

Anyways, she is in Sophia, NC on rt 311 just east of high point. The place is called Roth's and the man's name is 'RP'. His nuber is 336-498-7160 or 336-498-7509. As I said, I took pictures and should have them back by Tuesday as well as pics of '69 parts I will have for sell.:lol:
ragcat

Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
'70 parts car in Sophia, NC

Here are some oics of the '70 parts car in Sophia, NC before I got hold of it this past weekend. I will try to post more tomorrow including the 351C 2v heads that were in the trunk.
ragcat

·
Registered
633 Posts
69 Parts?

I currently just aquired a 69 and need a hood, grille, and rear tail lights.

Also I have a set of 70 tail lights that the previous owner had to replace the broke ones on my 69, if your interested they are for sale.

Please email me with details.

Thanks, Tad.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
just do like me and cut the ribs off of the 70 lights. nobody will notice. except for Rick maybe... he he he. i still have my old 69 lights in the garage, but they are mine to keep. heres a pic of my cage-less 70 lights on my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Re: 69 Parts?

TLogan53 said:
I currently just aquired a 69 and need a hood, grille, and rear tail lights.
Tad.
Tad- Here is a upper and lower shot of my hood. Seeing as how you livein Calif. & I live in W.Va., I think shipping will probably be prohibitive, but if interested, let me know. As for the taillights, I have a set of '70's but not sure yet if I'm putting them on or keeping the '69's.
Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going down to the yard where the '70 parts car pictured in this post is located probably Thursday to check out something for someone. Is there anything else on this cat that anyone wants me to check out? If so, e-mail me.
Chuck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts