Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/2437045083.html

I have talked to this guy via e-mail a little bit. Sounds like a 'good guy' with not only these two cats, but 2-3 barns full of Ford parts. I am in hopes of going down to see him this Saturday (about 2 hours from me) and check it out. I have asked him to check out this site and maybe post here, so hopefully he will. In the mean time, if anyone wants me to check anything in particular, give me a shout and I will.
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
187 Posts
I messaged him via email and asked him about a passenger fender a drivers side door glass, a windsheild, a door and a rear qrter panel hes got most of them so im gona try to get my parts from him thanks!!! This is my first car

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Nice
glad to hear your gonna save the car rather then part it out or use it as a parts car.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I messaged him via email and asked him about a passenger fender a drivers side door glass, a windsheild, a door and a rear qrter panel hes got most of them so im gona try to get my parts from him thanks!!! This is my first car
Sounds good.....maybe brownie points for me when I go down tomorrow...LOL!!! Is he going to send you any pics, etc. or do you still want me to check on it and maybe snap a few for you tomorrow?
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
187 Posts
yeah take pics of the passenger side quarter panel and the doors and the passenger fender because thats all need to get my cougar to a solid undented body THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics of the '70. Shamefully did not take any of the '69. Basically all that was left were the rear quarters and I was concentrating on the '70 mainly for wreckedcat15. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!! LOL!!!
Jene- Sorry but the steering wheel insert probably wasn't any good to you. Included a pic though and if you do want it let me know as I plan to go back in a week or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Ok, so how much surface rust is "too much"? I always wonder about that when I see pics of old cars. I mean, is the roof on that car too far gone? Or will that "just buff out", so to speak?
And spots like the surface rust on the upper parts of the body, is that too bad to consider or what?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
As long as its not heavily rusted to the point where its got craters for holes, the surface rust can be bead blasted and epoxy sealer n it`ll be ok.It looks like the car has a clean roof from the pics,only real rust looks like the corners of the doors and s lil behind the d/s 1/4.A shame cause it wouldve made a real nice cruiser.But im working with him on getting some parts from it and i know chuck is getting some too and he is real helpful on getting me some necessary parts.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah same here im getting the whole passenger side body,door fender quarter panel, and the winsheild and the drivers door glass this coming saturday, yall need any pics of the 69 or whats left of the 70 let me know, im making the 5 hour drive saturday morning
let me kno
Aaron

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Nice,
take some pics of the car after you take off the parts n the 69 as well.We would like to see them n the condition of the car(s)

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
According to Phil, this car was 1st reported to the data base back in either '03 or '05. It was reported then as "rough but fixable, XR7, 351clev, ac, auto, pretty good interior, all there." It's a shame it didn't get in the right hands back then and restored to it's original glory, instead of the fate it now has. At least it's remains are going to be spread out over several Cougars by the sound of it. The only thing about the previous statement in the DB is that according to Chris, it had what appeared to be an original Windsor instead of Cleveland. He has been involved with Mustangs and Fords in general long enough that I'm sure he would know the difference. Of course it may have had an engine swap at sometime.....
As for the rust, it really did not appear too bad over all except for the driver's rear 1/4. The passenger front fender did have a few pin holes right behind the extension tho.... It had what appeared to be a little pre-bondo mesh patch over it before Chris took it off.

Good luck Sat wreckedcat!! The place is out in the country a little ways. Nice drive!!

Pat-not that you needed it but I put in a good word for you! Hope he is as nice and treats you guys as well as he did me!!
Thanks
Chuck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Chuck,
i been doing some talking to chris n i thank you for the email.I did get the front fender marker light assemblies and the 1/4 panel ones and a few other pieces needed for my 70 at real good prices i couldnt refuse or resist.He(chris) said he is going to pull them before the end of the week so the pieces i need i hope he takes off before aaron takes the parts he needs for his 70.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
187 Posts
Okay I will droptop good luck on your conv!!! im just needing sheet metal haha this is hopefully my first car im only 15 I got a year to get my base on the road and i apreciate it ragcat!!! i took the carpet out of mine today found a key match books and coins, im gona try to post pics of the body once its done

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Thanks aaron,
glad your saving the 70 n gonna make it a great car once again.I got my 70 at the age of 15 and going on 22 years later i still got it.Hope you do the same.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
187 Posts
I plan on keeping the interior stock and the engine is a camed up 351w im prolly gona paint it med lime green the interiors dark ivy green, the build sheet and door plate where gon:( do you know anywhere else to find 1970 cougar specific tags for the engine tranny and body? Thanks a bunch you guys!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Get the kevin marti report on the car .Get the deluxe one as it will give you alot on the car, well worth the money. on your radiator support above the pass headlight door there should be a tag called the buc tag.It will give you the info needed on the breakdown on your car.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
187 Posts
I found that one the one on the door was fadded away but yeah ill check with him parts are very hard to find ive called 60 junk yards in wv about parts and half of them asked what a merc cougar was haha my cars complete just the passenger side body is beyond repair haha the boy who had it cut a turn and rolled it upside down in a river but i couldnt refuse $800 haha but thanks!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts