Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Here's a picture from a '70 parts car I dismantled a few years ago. Not seeing what I would consider cut outs. So if this started life on a '69 I guess we have our answer....
Automotive exterior Wood Rectangle Gas Font

· Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Here is the underside of a 70 decklid. You see the oval openings on both sides. This indicates its a 70 decklid.

Thanks
pat

Urban design Automotive tire Grass Rectangle Metal

· Registered
40 Posts
Here is the underside of a 70 decklid. You see the oval openings on both sides. This indicates its a 70 decklid.

Thanks
pat
Thanks for the picture. So it raises a question: How were the spoilers on the '69 Eliminators attached since these cutouts were not present? To the best of my knowledge every '69 Eliminator I've seen had a spoiler (granted that has been a lifetime total of 2 or 3). Or was there a unique decklid for all Eliminators in both years?

· Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the picture. So it raises a question: How were the spoilers on the '69 Eliminators attached since these cutouts were not present? To the best of my knowledge every '69 Eliminator I've seen had a spoiler (granted that has been a lifetime total of 2 or 3). Or was there a unique decklid for all Eliminators in both years?
The 1969 spoiler mounting brackets were much closer together (31" vs 36" as I recall). The allows the holes to be drilled through a more flat surface on a 1969.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts