Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was removed from a 69 Cougar back in the early 80's. I'm not a conv expert, but think all the pieces are here to turn a hard top into a conv or just a nice group of parts for your current convertible. I'll list what all is here and condition with pictures. To buy all of this piece by piece would cost around $2,000. I'm asking $1,200 for all of the parts together.

Bottom X bar plate- nice
3 piece top tack strip- nice condition
Boot trim molding- One piece is grade B the other is C.
A pillar and header molding stainless steel- grade B only because of some dimple marks from the latch hitting it.
Upper windshield trim which is painted satin originally- Nice grade B needs repainted.
Complete conv top frame working with good tension cables- Frame is very nice just needs a new canvas top.
Electric motor and cylinders with hoses- motor runs and some light pitting on the cylinder shafts.
Conv boot two- one black and one blue not in the best of shape.
Interior quarter panels- Blue vinyl isn't good, but the panels are nice straight and not rusted. Just needs recovered.
Sheet metal- trunk to conv boot filler panel. Back trunk panel that includes all the way to, and the shock mounts. Quarter panel sheet metal at the door jam.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price reduced to $1,000

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price reduced to $800

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'll do that next. Trying to give someone a deal that needs everything at a cheaper price vs buying it piece by piece. If no takers at this price then I'll split it up and sell it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts