Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Contributing Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys wondering if there is a difference between 69/70 consoles? My 70 xr7 has console but every other one i've seen pics of is different. The ones i've seen have two slots just in front of armrest/compartment like the one on the french conv. in another thread, is this a 69 thing or option for 70 that mine doe's not have and can mine be converted with new woodgrain panel? other than that they look the same just wondering thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I just converted a 69 console to a 70 console. The slots for the seatbelts are for the 69's 70 didn't have them. the 69's also have a cigarette lighter in the front of the compartment in the onsole. To change yours to the 70 style you will need the woodgrain piece and the piece under it(chrome trim with black), of course you don't need a lighter on a 70 there's one in the dash. I traded my 69 parts for 70 parts so I can't help you out there. If you end up with a extra 70 xr7 woodgrain in good shape I need one.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Not all 69's had the seat belt slots. Only if they had the deluxe seat belt option. mm

·
Contributing Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks john, wasn't sure i thought the slots had something to do with the seatbelts but i the ones i've seen weren't in cars they were all on ebay so until the picture of the french 69 i haven't seen one installed in a car mine is a 70 style no slots, and lighter in ashtray ( i think haven't sat in car since october it's been put up ) thanks

·
Contributing Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's mark anyone know where i could get a different woodgrain panel like that let me know as my seatbelt holder is broke always have to reach down and find it always a pain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts