Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if 69 cougars had the glue in glass like the 69 mustangs did........ and if the 70 cougar had bolt in glass like the 70 mustangs did...... would the glass from a 69-70 mustang coupe work in a cougar? i know the fastback glass is different..... thanks jace

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
the 69s are glue and 70s are bolt but i think some 70s are glue too. must use same rear 1/4 glass that the front side came with, the gule and bolts are different, i think it is the width and how the rubber seal is attached.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Catz If you want to use the 70 boltin glass it works but the 1/4 glass also must be changed. The boltin is from 70 only and Mustang 1/4 glass is different than Cougar. Fastback fits not as mentioned. Mustang 1/4 glass is same as Cougar convertable I believe. I am looking for tinted 1/4 convertable glass if you have any of that left lying around,lol
Catzyalater Ray
Oh and don't forget to use the 70 boltin glass regulators cause they're different too ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I swapped the doors in my 69 to get the 70 glass, then found out the doors are the same, but that's alright because the 7 doors were in better shape.
The swap is simple, but you do have to do both door and quarter-window glass and regulators. The 69 door windows have the weatherstripping attached to them and the 70 quarter windows have the weatherstripping attached to them. It may be the other way around, I am writing this from memory and I'm getting old. As a result, the 70 quarter windows are about 1/2" narrower than the 69.
The whole swap should take a day.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I also did the swap and had a hard time finding 70 quarter window weather strips. Auto Krafters finally came through. I think the package said Torino but they fit just fine. mm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts