Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted working or not.Please email me at [email protected] with price and condition Thanks Ray/Pacificatz:cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ray, I have seen several go through e-bay in the last few months. I was halfway looking for one myself. Just an idea in case your interested.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8 trakin

MM Do you recall what they were going for? I see 65/6 and 67 Mustang ones are outrageously priced on Ebay.Does the "E" in Ebay stand for EXPENSIVE?Ebay is a last resort for me cause of the $$ involved.I have a great 8 trac site its www.8trackheaven.com and a long list of tapes players and accessories.I currently have three and two work so I'm looking for others to put in my 69s. Anyone got one or two ? Let us know Thanks Ray/Pacificatz:cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ray if memory serves correct they were mostly in the 50-100 dollar range depending on condition. I did see a nos in the box a while ago and it was up to about 300. You mentioned mustang radios, they are the same are they not? If not whats the differance? The reason I have not picked one up yet is most of the sellers are selling as is. I mean what the hell is so hard in hooking one up to a battery and a speaker to see if it works or not? I run acrosss 8-track heaven awhile ago but didnt take time to cruise through the classifieds. They have no search engine to help. They have quite a few cruise nights around here and I have my cougar to enjoy driving and some 8 tracks blaring some of my favorite old tunes would be quite cool. I'm not a real big E-bay fan but there are some buys now and then if you keep looking. I picked up a pretty decent set of 69 taillights a week ago for less then $45 shipped. They have a couple small blems and needed the black repainted but they were not all pitted up and they look very good after just a little elbow grease. The thing that gets me is the jokers selling supposedly nos items when you know they are repos from some vendor. I guess the old saying buyer beware applies almost universally. And if it sound too good to be true it usally is also comes to mind.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8trackin

Thanks Mark I myself have so far stayed away from Expensive Bay and much prefer the swapboards and the hobbyist attitudes found there.Lets face it parts coming up on ExBay are not for the hobbyist ,they're for the Cash and why pay top dollar for a part found elsewhere for 1/2 price?As I am dealing in Canadian 1/2 dollars I need to look for the deals and Ebay is not a deal as far as I can tell.Course your taillites do sound good price but I'm sure its cause some Mustang owner couldn't use them so the competition was less.I have gone thru 8trackheaven and purchased a few of my old favorites and prices are reasonable at $2 to $5 per tape.I am still looking for 69/70 AM 8 track decks and I have a very good 71/2/3 with frt bezel and two of four knobs in very good working condition for $100 if anyone needs.The 71/2/3 is slightly taller than the 69/70 so won't fit 69/70 without cutting the radio bezel and I won't do that.Too bad it doesn't fit cause its the nicest one I got.Ah well THX&Catz ya :cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ray just checked E-Bay and that nos piece went for about $305 and a good used one was at about $35. Also I rembered I have a good AM FM radio if you or someone else needs one. It must be for a 71 and up because it is just a little too large to fit in the 69-70 bezel. I havent looked at it for a while but I think it is a 4 channel town and country radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts