Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone shed a little light on the functioning of this little gadget (right past the sight glass on the high side? To me (unless I put is back together wrong) it seems like it would never work, there are two check sort of valves facing each other, each appears to open toward the other. So, to me, it would seem that fluid/gas would never pass either way! The "head" (the flat end opposite where the spring is) of each of the two valves face each other.

What's the deal?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Bob, I can't believe YOU (the all time pic master) forgot to post a pic of the item in question....
Must be deep into get things done mode. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
The quick disconnect fitting was used between the drier and sightglass hose so you could disconnect the sightglass hose from the drier without discharging the system. There is a plunger/o-ring inside the 2 piece assembly that opens and closes as you loosen and tighten the fitting. It serves no other purpose that I am aware of.

14-112 Unassembled-Assembled.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome Ron, thanks!! I was going to ask how you knew that/where you got the picture, but looking your avatar I think I have my answer!

Thanks again,

Bob

·
Registered
113 Posts
No problem. Yes I work for Classic Auto Air. my Signature picture with my Cougar was taken at our shop here in Tampa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts