Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the value off a 68 convertible conversion. 289, 2 4s, PS,PB 5speed Power windows newer top, runs great drive anywhere

·
Registered
12 Posts
What’s the value off a 68 convertible conversion. 289, 2 4s, PS,PB 5speed Power windows newer top, runs great drive anywhere
Sonny that is really hard to say. Obviously more than a coupe, but realistically whatever someone is willing to pay. I have only heard of a hand full of them in existence and since they are all custom, handmade well that adds value too. I have only seen one one in person, Don's from West Coast Classic Cougar. His was still on the lift painted, but unfinished.
If it were me I would compare what I felt a similar coupe was worth, factor in a little more like it was a rare package (XR7, maybe a 390 or 428CJ and then compare it to what a "custom hot rod; would bring. That should at least give you an idea. It still boils down to what someone is willing to pay for it as a modified car. The purest will hate on it, the rest-o-moders should dig it.
I know I always wanted one, but sorry I can't buy yours, but please post a couple pictures. I would love to see it. Hope that helps.
James

·
Registered
194 Posts
I see the biggest factor in the value of car being the quality of the conversion work. A big factor is did the conversion account for the structural changes needed to support the unibody once the roof is cut off. If the proper engineering in not behind the conversion, I would consider the car a death trap and not worth much.

Reactions: Artic Cat

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Under carriage has stiffeners front to back on both sides with large plate side to side. This car has been driven from Florida to Canada and back twice, been in 38 states and traveled from Florida to Chicago to travel Route 66 to the Santa Monica pier and back. Very solid car.

Reactions: DoughRM

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts