Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking for replacment radio for my Philco AM radio in 68 cougar. Dont want to make an alteration to console or radio plate and would like replica look. Has anybody bought the am-fm w/ aux from west coast cougar for 189.99?

Would like the ipod input in the face and cant tell if west coast model is front or rear aux.

Any recommendations on radios?? Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
You could keep your radio and have the guts replaced with modern internals. There are a couple of folks who do that; it's what I used on CatVert and will eventually use on BBCat.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have one of the Custom Autosound stereos in my car and it looks / works pretty good for what it is. The aux input is in the rear, but mine came with a cable ( 3.5mm stereo male plug to RCA L/R male plugs ) so it's easy to connect your CD player, ipod or anything with a standard headphone jack. I usually set my ipod on the front part of the floor shifter bezel (non console) and there is plenty of cable length to pick it up and change songs. The knobs that come with it are obviously not like the original Ford ones... but I think you can use your original knobs, or use the shiny new reproduction knobs we have at WCCC. Sound quality and power is good.. I am running an amplifier with it just because I got one for free, but they have pretty good power out of the box. The one weakness that I'd say they have, at least with mine, is that the antenna signal seems weak... I have a hard time getting reception for radio stations that shouldn't be hard to get. Not sure why. Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I have the Custom Autosound hidden audio and it is very nice to be able to hide everything. The IPOD and flash drive connections are wonderful but as Andrew noted above, the radio reception is absolutely horrendous. I can't pick up stations in the middle of Seattle when I'm right next to the radio towers. Because of that, I just use the IPOD all the time. It would be nice if they would address the signal strength issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts