Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time has come I need to get rid of my kitty.I am sorry to admit it but the old girl has to go. Having health issues that wont allow me to keep working on her any longer.
I have put a lot of work in it with more to go. It has a rebuilt engine that has been reinstalled.It has a new front end.All panels are straight and rot free.I have all brand new dual exhaust not installed.rear spoiler not installed.front lower spoiler again not installed. grant wooden steering wheel.There are a lot of other things that I have done that ,if you are intertested please inquire.
I feel 3000.00 is very fair for what has been done.
thank you

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
A shame as i was there for my wedding and left on the 10th. I was born and raised in rhode island.

Thanks
pat

p.s. good luck on the sale!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you jman271 for you interest. I hesitated in answering you because I had made a appointment with Bill Pratt from our Forum to see the car. I did not want to lead anybody on. I am sorry to say bill and I have reached a agreement.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
This Cougar has a new home in Massachusetts. It is a very solid and complete F-code XR-7. Here are some pictures:

The only real issues are that the engine rebuild hasn't been fully debugged (the engine runs, but not well yet), the hood has been cut for a scoop, the trunk has holes that appear to have been mount points for a luggage rack, and the bottom of the drivers door has been repaired with fiberglass.

The car is basically rust free. The floors look good, the trunk drop-offs are solid, and the torque boxes are solid. There was a small area of rust in the usual spot behind the front wheel that has already been repaired. There may be some small spots just in front of the rear wheels that I'll have to check when I have more room and can get a better look.

The roof has no rust, not even in the window channel areas. The bumpers are straight and all the trim is present and accounted for.

The cowl test passed with flying colors. Not a drop of water on the front floors.

I can't wait to get the car into my garage at the store and start digging into it. :jump3:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Congrats to Bill and seller! Sorry seller needed to sell (and hope you'll be well soon!) but you have found a great home for the cat in Bill's pride.

Going on a year and a half since I finished Isabel and I still can't really imagine starting on another. Still plenty to clean up too (have not done that well on this score in 2012).

Anyway congrats again, to both of you.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Bill nice score on the Cat. Really nice original looking car. Glad everyone walked away happy. What are your plans for the car?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
What are your plans for the car?
I haven't decided yet, although CatVert 2 is a possibility. In the near term, I'm planning put it in the garage at the store and start to disassemble it while I decide. I've ordered a Marti report and want to see what it says before I even start to do that.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
The new kitty has arrived at the store and I've started a thread on it at CCC.com:

http://classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1626

I did get a bit of an unfortunate surprise tonight when I got under the passenger side, which I hadn't been able to see very well before. You can see the pictures of it at the link above.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Update: I got a better surprise tonight when I had time to check out something I noticed while looking over the photos above. This Cougar has a tilt/tilt-away wheel. Anyone not familiar with this option would have overlooked it because the door button is gone so the wheel doesn't kick to the side. But I noticed the second hole in the door jamb and then confirmed it by using the signal stalk to move the wheel up and down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts