Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this in response to the people wanting to know about the 69 sport special i found . It is a 69 with a 4v 302 and a 4speed. It is red now with black interior but appeared to have been light blue at one time. The quarters and roof are very solid, and the fllors appear to be too. The rear end, one fender and one door have been taken from the car and i think the windsheild. The car is still very restorable though. It still has the 4v 302 but alas someone robbed the 4speed, but the pedals are still there. It would take a full resto but its far better than the 70 i have in the shop now.lol. If anyone wants to see the car its at VICKERS CLASSIC CARS in chesnee south carolina. The phone number is- 864-461-9071. You can call but i get best results by showing up in person. Its owned by a very freindly older gentleman , when i asked about the car he didnt even remember having it, (thats how many cars he has). So if you call he may not recall which car you mean, so i would go look in person. There are tons of other cars and parts its worth the trip.
Also another find i just made, here in my home town not 3 minutes from here i found a 68 xr7. It is a 289 4v automatic. With burgandy exterior and white interior and a white vinyl top. the car is very straight, and very , i mean very complete. I could not find a single thing missing, even has the hubcaps. This car is for sale and the owner is asking $1200.00 , but hinted to me that cash would talk him down a bit. Any way this thing is a beutiful color combo and is complete and beleve me id rather have complete over rust free anyday. As i hate chasing loose ends down. Also this car is sitting side by side witha 67 289 2v base cougar that is green with green interior and virtually same shape, no real rust and all there , nothing gone. I can put any one who is interested in contact with the owner, just email me and ill get back to you asap, thanks jack:eek2:

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Hey,
Can you get some pictures of the 68 XR7 for me! And is there any body rust, and can you tell if its a bondo car!

Thanks, :smoke:

·
Banned
579 Posts
Are you sure its a 302 in the 69 SS? No 302s in 69 unless Boss.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
somebody needs to check and see if it has the screw in freeze plugs.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
LiLWrink said:
somebody needs to check and see if it has the screw in freeze plugs.
Shhhhhhhhh... no. No, I think I'll just drive on over there and take a look. S. Carolina? I think I can be there in what???? 17 hrs?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sport Special

Sorry Guys,, I Would Have Replied Before Now,,ive Been Having Trouble Signing In.......anyway....to Clarify, The 69 Has A 4v 302 Now But Is An H-code Car (351w 2v)...it Is A Real 4 Speed Car Though...hope This Helps....and Trust Me Ive Tried To Buy The Cars,,,he Only Wants To Sell Parts Off Them,,thanks Jack

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
68 Xr7

Oh And As For The 68 Xr7..its Been Sold ,, I Think Someone On Here Bought It About 6 Months Ago...becouse They Emailed Me For His Phone Number,,i Sent It To Them,, And Teh Next Eek Scott Said A Guy Came From Out Of Town And Got It.....and Now Since I Sold My 67,, I Wish I Had Bought It,,lol...isnt That The Way Things Go!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts