Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a question for anyone and everyone. An aquaintance of mine has a friend who just purchased a '68 XR-7 with the GT production option. It's an original S code, complete with the 390, 4150 Holley and 4-speed with 9 inch locking rear end. I've not seen the car, but he says it's in decent shape. He had two questions for me: 1) How rare is this car, 2) How much would it be worth if restored to original condition. I tried to answer, but to be honest I don't know much about the GT option cars. All help is much appreciated.

And just for laughs to let you all know, the guy got the car for $500. It was sitting beside an old farmer's chicken house collecting dust; it was in Georgia - and therefore is (I am told)mostly rust free. Pardon me while I go sob quietly in the corner.

Lab Rat

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
CBTNs:

1845 XR-7 with the GT option. But!!!!! Only 489 (wide) 168 (close) 4 speeds with S code, and not all of those were necessarily "GT's.

Get a complete Marti Report:
http://www.martiauto.com/

Restored????? Info from NADA.com (results may vary!)
Base Price $4,800 $8,950 $13,450

Options and Equipment
4 Speed Transmission add: $825 $1,050 $1,325
390 4v V8 Engine add: 35% 35% 35%
Grand Touring Package add: 25% 25% 25%

Total Price $8,505 $15,370 $22,845

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ill trade him SHarky and alot of extra parts for it. hey.. Sharky DOES run....... damn... thats a sweeeeet deal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sixt9coug said:
ill trade him SHarky and alot of extra parts for it. hey.. Sharky DOES run....... damn... thats a sweeeeet deal.
Yeah, no joke - I already tried everything I knew to get it from him, but no go. Like I said, I'm going to go cry in the corner now.... actually, I'm going out to the barn to sit behind the wheel of my not-running cat and cry.

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts