Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently building a restomod for my son. He has to have foot surgery late next month so our project is on hold. Our 68 XR-7 302 has factory A/C and the system is still installed. I haven't evacuated the system and it still has a charge. I'm interested in selling the entire system. We are going to install a 5.0 EFI engine and use an aftermarket HVAC unit. I'll sell the underhood components and the HVAC box as well. If anyone is interested send me a p.m. I don't want to remove the system until I have a buyer. The funds will help cover the insurance deductable. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
You about to make a terrible mistake. The original system running R12 will do a better job of cooling than any aftermarket system I have seen.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You about to make a terrible mistake. The original system running R12 will do a better job of cooling than any aftermarket system I have seen.
Not to mention how do you plan to get around intentionally venting R-12 to the atmosphere? Doing so is illegal, the only right way to do this is to have a shop with recovery equipment remove the charge for you before opening the system.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my friends has a dual gas A/C machine and he will evacuate the system without venting the R-12. They system I plan to use when funds are available will be designed for R-134 with the smaller Sanden compressor. My son's health is my top concern at this time and I really need the money to help me cover the expenses my insurance doesn't cover. The cat will have to wait.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hope your son will be okay and hats off to you for being a good father to him.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
One of my friends has a dual gas A/C machine and he will evacuate the system without venting the R-12. They system I plan to use when funds are available will be designed for R-134 with the smaller Sanden compressor. My son's health is my top concern at this time and I really need the money to help me cover the expenses my insurance doesn't cover. The cat will have to wait.
Maybe you could go this route from classic auto air... I bought the kit and kept the R-12.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-68-Mustang-AC-COMPRESSOR-UPGRADE-KIT-1967-1968-A-C-/400070654019?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2611b843

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
PM sent.....

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Good luck with the sale. I would do anything for my kids. You might want to keep the mounting bracket under the compressor as you will need to reuse that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts