Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Um-Polar White.

Some experimental photography last night. My feet are still black!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Looks like someone has been taking photography lessons, looks good Brain. Now for my knit pic, Isn't Wimbledon White on a cougar called Polar White?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
We saw it in the daylight the other day, I think that the decor saddle interior is the nicest thing about the car.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like someone has been taking photography lessons, looks good Brain. Now for my knit pic, Isn't Wimbledon White on a cougar called Polar White?
Haha..thanks Jon, I don't know why I keep doing that with the W. White. POLAR white. It's not very snowy colored though ;)

My Daughter needs the credit here, I did the angles and setups while she snapped a bunch with her new camera..

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Very nice! I like the contrast in the pictures but the car just looks sharp. Nice intirior too.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it's new. It hadn't run since the early 90s..but it is all original except for a panel on the driver's seat. Paint, tranny, engine all there..127K miles.

One fender is pretty obviously a replacement..the little Lady that owned it said her Mom got in an accident years ago.. I have the paperwork for the repair. Mom was the original buyer, from N. Hollywood, CA till '90 it went to Spokane, WA in a heated garage. Luckily ;)

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Well, no matter how sharp the white one is, it isn't the black one, oh how I lust after the black one! (Nice work!)

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Very Nice.

A "1968" front plate would look right at home on your car.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Notice how smokey it has been lately? After the crop is harvested they burn the rest...

Yup, fine Fescue Grass Seed is one of the only ones that can have field burns nowadays..We're surrounded by it and my field of 15 acres is the same stuff (custom farmed by the neighbors). It kills insects and rogue grasses and weeds and stimulates better growth for the next crop (one per year)

What'd have been ultra-neato if I could have gotten the car out there for pics while it was still smouldering! The fires are spectacular, much more smoke than seen in this pic, actually..it looks like a Nuke went off for a while, and they whole thing only takes about 10 minutes to go up!

·
Registered
389 Posts
those fires are nice. the fires we have been having arent. my in laws had to be evacuated last week and i think the house loss so far is over 1500 homes burned, few confirmed dead, and last i heard was 17 still missing. and the fires are still going. man we need some rain.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
You be wrong. :) Polar White = Wimbledon White and a few other Ford/Mercury whites of different names. Polar White does make one think of a bright appliance blinding white but it is that nice creamy white in reality. I call mine Bi-Polar White.
i could be wrong but polar white is much brighter or whiter than wimbleton white which has alot of cream color to it
doctordesoto

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Ford= Wimbledon White, Mercury= Polar White, Lincoln= Artic White, all have M paint code and Ford # M1619, but I do like the Bi-Polar white. Hahahaha. I think I had a girlfriend that resembled that.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I think this will give some of the environmentalists a heart attack... So many folks don't know where the food comes from or what life is really like beyond the suburbs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts