Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please post or link a picture of an installed 68 vacuum can? It isn't shown in the shop manual or Osborn. It's been so long, I don't even remember which fender it goes under or how it mounts.

Thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Can someone please post or link a picture of an installed 68 vacuum can? It isn't shown in the shop manual or Osborn. It's been so long, I don't even remember which fender it goes under or how it mounts.

Thanks in advance,
You can download or view it here.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If its the large vacuum canister that goes on the driver's side under the fender then I can be of help. My 67, which should be the same as your 68, had it located right behind the headlight assembly toward the wheel well of the front driver's side fender. It mounts to a bracket that is already mounted to your fender unless it's been removed. Four screws hold it on and a splash shield should connect to it as well, thus blocking the back of the headlight assembly completely from view. In my 67 Cougar Body Assembly Manual (Jim Osborn) it's on pages 16 and 32. Page 32 view B has a good drawing that shows the finished product. If anything maybe you could google the manual. Hope that could help ya!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help. I originally overlooked the detail in the Jim Osborn ('68) book on page 10 but found it today and we got it installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts