Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a replacement Mercury script emblem and deck lock cover for my '68 Cougar and I am not certain how to remove the lock cover as well as how to hold the script emblem in place. I had assumed that the emblem would just use push on lock tabs but there is no access to the posts from inside the trunk lid. I already lost the original emblem so I want to make sure this one is well secured in place. Many thanks for any assistance.
Dwayne

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Dwayne, here is the type of clips to use to mount the emblem on the right side of the trunk lid: http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/3776.html (you'll need 4). I'm also interested to know how to get the trunk lock cover off my car too. John

·
Registered
913 Posts
I will try to help! Once you get the lock off the lid, there is a spring attached to the pivot point, remove the end of the spring from the slot that holds it and it will unwind, remove spring and the cover will come off. When you put the cover back on, you will have to rewind the spring so it has enough tension to flip the lid back down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts