Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently picked up a 68 standard that I plan to use for a restomod project, which means I have original parts that I will no longer need. Car shows just over 86,000 on the odometer, generally rust free (originally from California supposedly). The short version is I'm looking at replacing basically everything drivetrain and suspension related, notably:

• 302 V8 - Though with a 2BBL instead of the correct 4bbl
  • C4 auto
  • Rear end
  • Wheels/rims
  • Brakes
  • Springs/arms
  • Working vacuum headlight motors

It's currently all in the car and it runs/drives. Located in eastern Iowa, I'd obviously prefer not to ship most of it since it's heavy/bulky.

Happy to provide pictures or answer questions.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
17 Posts
What kind of brake parts? Looking to do a disk brake conversion? How much for the drivers side headlight motor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the overall plan is to do a Coyote + 6-Speed swap, and to do a full DSE suspension so anything that's in the way of that, is coming off. Right now it runs and drives, so I've got all the brake parts and they're all going to be coming off.

As far as the headlight motors, I plan to convert to electric so that's why those are coming out. How about $100 for that?

Dang, I thought I added the pictures, I attached them here.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey all,

I recently picked up a 68 standard that I plan to use for a restomod project, which means I have original parts that I will no longer need. Car shows just over 86,000 on the odometer, generally rust free (originally from California supposedly). The short version is I'm looking at replacing basically everything drivetrain and suspension related,. . .

It's currently all in the car and it runs/drives. Located in eastern Iowa, I'd obviously prefer not to ship most of it since it's heavy/bulky.

Happy to provide pictures or answer questions.

Thanks, Chad
I am looking for California license plate frames - San Jose, Sunnyvale, or Oakland. Which ones came with your cougar? Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts