Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the radio pad/bezel for a '67 with the standard console (garage door) is the same part on the '68?

·
Registered
391 Posts
The pad is different. If you take a look at them, the '67 standard version shows the outer edge of the chrome bezel and is rather flat, while the '68 standard version of the pad has a raised edge. I believe that the underlying bezel is the same. Also, note that the handle on the roll up door is different; in '67, is was a flat, square, small handle, while the '68 version is almost as wide as the door itself, with a rounded handle. Of course, the pad along the main portion of the console is different for each year to match the portion around the radio. XR-7 consoles are different. I hope that this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I ran across several for a '67 and hoped there were the same part.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just about everything is different between 1967 and 1968. the Main Console Base itself is even different. The Radio-Bezel Mounting plate is also different, the one that the Radio Pad mounts to.. Only the Rear Courtesy Light and Wiring are the Same. And not even all the wiring is the same. IIRC

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Ash tray is totally different between the 7 and 8 standards as well.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The Ash tray is totally different between the 7 and 8 standards as well.
Yep, they are. The 67 Rear Ash Tray mounts into the Plastic Console Base. The 68 mounts into the Console Pad. This Does Include Standard and Xr7, the difference is the Year, From What I remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts