Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put them on before the car goes to paint so I won't have to take it apart afterwards. Anybody have some pics they can post of them installed with the rubber flashing? I have the new flashing to install.........Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't have pics but maybe I can help out anyway. I assume you are looking for pics to show how the rubber flashings attach. (some from front-some from rear) If you are re-using your old splash shields you will be able to tell which direction the staples originally were installed. Obviously the staples go thru the rubber first and then through the existing holes in the metal.

I used a small awl to open the staple holes up a little. Otherwise they are too tight to use new staples. The new stainless steel staples are a pain to work with. Expect a couple holes in your finger before you are done.

If I remember right, there are only two bolts or screws that hold the rear shields (behind front tires) and three screws that attach the front shields. Attach the rears before you hang your fenders. The fronts can be done anytime in about five minutes.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts