Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 year old boy says he is ready to start building a car with Dad! Looking for a solid builder, drive train condition not important, interior not important, basically looking for a solid shell with no major rot in the roof, cowl or 1/4's. Must be located on the west coast. Don 503-463-1130

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don, I have 2 real solid 67 S-code Builders that while they are here on the East Coast now; they were both Western Cars originally. Once is a San Jose Car and the other a Vegas car. Both are super solid cars with NO major rust issues. Both are rolling projects. I know you were looking a '68 on the west coast; but if a '67 from the West coast and now in the east appeals to you please let me know.

Thanks, 69Shelby

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don, I have 2 real solid 67 S-code Builders that while they are here on the East Coast now; they were both Western Cars originally. Once is a San Jose Car and the other a Vegas car. Both are super solid cars with NO major rust issues. Both are rolling projects. I know you were looking a '68 on the west coast; but if a '67 from the West coast and now in the east appeals to you please let me know.

Thanks, 69Shelby
Thanks so much! But kinda want to put a newbie driver in a low dough ride and shipping would probably break his budget at this point. Appreciate the offer!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! I was high bid last week on that one at $1300. Really want a 68 as that was my first car and overall they are a tad safer then a 67. Would have bid more if it were a 68 or if it were closer but in the end not afraid of a road trip for the "right" project. Thanks for the input guys! Hoping to engage my son on a deeper level by doing this project, not doing so well at basketball, LOL!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Don
what about talking to scott taylor on a car? He should have 1 in his yard

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Yes! I was high bid last week on that one at $1300. Really want a 68 as that was my first car and overall they are a tad safer then a 67. Would have bid more if it were a 68 or if it were closer but in the end not afraid of a road trip for the "right" project. Thanks for the input guys! Hoping to engage my son on a deeper level by doing this project, not doing so well at basketball, LOL!
Okay now you have peaked my curiosity. Besides side marker lights and shoulder belts, what else can one find that improved safety for 68? I know in mid to late 67 they changed away from the spear in the chest steering column.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay now you have peaked my curiosity. Besides side marker lights and shoulder belts, what else can one find that improved safety for 68? I know in mid to late 67 they changed away from the spear in the chest steering column.
We have a thread here that lists all the federally mandated changes for 68, someone here want to point to the thread?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts