Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
side markers

Go on eBay. They are the same for the 68 Cougar and half of 68 Mustang (I forget if it's the first half or second). You'll pay around $20-40 for the pair, depending upon condition.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hey Middy, those are the same on most full size 68 mercs as well if you fell like hitting the junk yards...

Bruce

·
11,000 Posts
The front fender side marker lights were used on '68 Cougars, Montegos, Comets and Cyclones. They are not the same as full size Mercury.

The same light assembly was also used on '68 - 72 Ford pickups with the Camper Special option package as the bed light. Look in the truck section of the junk yard, the light is mounted at the top of the cab above the rear window. The lens on Camper Special light assemblies is clear rather than frosted so it is not correct for Cougars. Not many people would notice the difference unless you were to point it out though.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Royce, I defer to your experience and I admit it's been awhile since I checked but I remember they looked the same. How are they different if I may ask? I don't have anything to compare them with.

Bruce

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, you guys are awesome. BUT, I feel like a jerk. I meant the bulbs.......Sorry!

Middy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks evil! Did anyone buy a box of ten and want to unload a couple? What are the odds that I'll find them locally.

·
11,000 Posts
Full size Mercs in '68 have a big rectangular side marker about the same size but it is different. If you saw a picture it would be pretty obvious. I am travelling and don't have access to a lot of things right now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, I'm still looking to buy a couple of bulbs if anyone had to buy too many once. I would like to not have to buy 30+ dollars worth of bulbs.

Thanks, Middy.:)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was able to find the bulbs for 68 KAT at the local Auto Zone store. Check there (or another parts store) before buying them in bulk. 1178A bulbs are pretty common.

·
11,000 Posts
They had them at Pep Boys by my house.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll Start checking around, I was under the impression that I would probably not be able to find any locally.;)

Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts