Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 68 S code Cougar XR-7 that I am parting out. I originally bought it as a drive train donor - but couldn't because my first car was a Cougar and I wanted to restore it. But now it looks like we are going to be moving and I need to lighten my inventory. The car originally sold in Oklahoma and then ended up in So Cal. Sheet metal is good except for right rear qtr hit by drunk driver but I have a qtr that I picked up to replace it. I think the motor and drive train is original, but need to check the VIN when weather improves. Engine compartment generally stripped (engine brackets mostly gone). Parchment and black interior - door panels $350 for pair. Dash pad cracked - unusable; panels and gauges gone. Wire harnesses still available - non A/C car $300. Interior left rear qtr is good $125. Fenders and doors in great shape and spares available - A grade with light and bumper seal - $150 - others $100 each. Driver doors and pass doors complete with glass $300 each. Front grill in good condition complete with mounting brackets and canisters - $400. C-6 Tranny and 3L25 locking 9" rear end. Mostly a sheet metal and drive train donor, but a lot of other smaller parts available too.

I guessed at most of the prices so they are negotiable - I want to be fair. even if you are not interested in the parts, helping me with pricing would be greatly appreciated!!!

The car is stored out doors and in snow right now, but I will try to get detailed photos for any with questions. Some basic photos available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2q0k8ddtlr625d5/fSlH_neOxp Email with inquiries - bryce at eastern-shores dot com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was asked for the following info so I thought I would post it here for all to see - Vin - 8R93S500189 Door Tag - 65B B 6U 24H 54 G U

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was asked for the following info so I thought I would post it here for all to see - Vin - 8R93S500189 Door Tag - 65B B 6U 24H 54 G U
With my 'Mustang and Cougar Tagbook', I'll give it my best shot. Here's what I've got:

65B-2 door hardtop XR7 interior
B-Black Cherry Exterior Paint
6U-Pastel Parchment Interior
24H-August 24, 1967 Scheduled Build Date
54-Omaha DSO
G-TractionLok Rear Axle 3.25 Ratio
U-C6 Auto Transmission

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hi Bryce,

I sent you an email regarding a couple of items. Please let me know if you did/did not receive this message. Thanks, _TomL

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks Bryce!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Below is a post update from the "other" site
=========================

OK - I spent most of my day going around and trying to get as much detail as I could. As much as I would like someone to save her - they would have to be as crazy as I am. If anyone wants to buy the car, make me an offer via PM. Please note that I intend to keep the rear end - unless a trade can be made. I have pulled the radiator - it is a C7ZE-Z1 match for my 67 GTA FB. Strangely, the date code is 8CD - go figure (Scott - Help!).

All prices previously mentioned are OFF - best offers on each part takes it - I did not take photos of the extra doors or qtr. I will try to take these soon. Aside from the photos, the main wire harness had one area of bare wire, so I would think it a loss - but there is the overhead console wiring as well as others if needed. So, really it is drive train and sheet metal and small parts - except to the very brave or someone just "plain" brave with a donor car! The motor and heads are dated early march 68 and the heads are the correct C8AE-H 14 bolt heads. I forgot my wire brush, so the VIN on the block isn't super clear - but it definitely isn't from this car - a no brainer since the car was made in 67 and the engine 68.

One photo that I did not get is the hood top side - surface rust and the all-to-common nose dent from closing the hood are what is ailing. The trunk lid is solid, but someone wanted a 69 Eliminator look so they drilled the trunk out to mount a rear spoiler. Anyway, let me know if any thing is of interest.

Sad thing is that at one point she was a luxury cruiser - Tilt, PDB, PS, Upper/lower consoles and great color scheme.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gykri62jfjgcp9v/cPHXbgsPaa

Let me know if any questions. Bryce

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Larry - that is a good question. I think it is only the chrome v painted main body, but would have to defer to some experts. Maybe I should remove the chrome and paint it, call it a XR7G mirror...wonder what that is worth!?!? LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Larry - after a couple of buyers on the mirror fell through, I have tried to find out more on the mirror without luck. It is not the same as a XR7G mirror as the base is detachable from the main body and the only link I can find with the near exact mirror lists them as a Talbot EMPI style mirror and another one (in chrome) that sold on Ebay in December who listed as a "GT Shelby" blah blah blah mirror. No cast dates or part numbers for this mirror, so I have no idea what it goes to or if it was even original.

Anyone with any insight?

IMG_2220.jpg IMG_2222.jpg IMG_2223.jpg IMG_2224.jpg IMG_2251.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts