Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: 68 Rear wing
Help were can i find one.
I found a GT-E hood scoop in Texas today brand new for $100 plus shipping. That rear wing is hard to find. Finders fee.George

Attachments

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
rear wing

The only place's I know of are Johns Classic Cougars and Mustang's unlimited. Both are on back order and are about $150. A used original fetches about $500. You will have to get on waiting list at either vendor and wait for six or so months like I did . Good luck and Catz ya later Ray/Pacificatz:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ray, Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. You know what your talking about. Both places are on back order. Can't make them fast enough. Everybody wants a wing. At least i have my
GT_E scoop, front spoiler and hood pins. Well i have until May. How much these days to chrome both bumpers from a 68. I just bought this Cal. Cougar
and i have a list. It's not too big. Drivers seat ripped,some inside and outside chrome is pitted. Missing lower chrome strip, the long one that is below the door,both sides. The good news is the frame rails, pans and trunk are perfect. The body has a $3500 paint job done in 93 and still looks new. the top is new too. Also 72k miles 2 owners. Orig.drive train. In 1968 i was 23 and bought a new 68 Cougar,Red,Black top,black interior for $3200. 7 yrs later i traded it for a 63 Pontiac.
Now 27yrs later i have a 68 Cougar.It took me 8 months to find a good one that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I joined CCOA and looking for vendors.
I see a lot of reproduction parts out there so i should find what i need. Try finding a rear side reflector. Nobody makes them. See ya.
George in Rochester,NY

Attachments

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Yes we all are waiting on wings LOL. I am lucky to have the original 69 plastic wing on my Eliminator.As for the reflector I suggest you try John at [email protected] John has many 67/8 parts I have mainly 69/70 parts Yes that is a good looking car. I take it you did not want to buy the one of three and one of one left 68 GTE CJ cat being offered up for $40K?Its the blk cherry and a very nice original condition still sporting its original paint job. Its here in Pacific Northwest.Catz ya Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts