Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
And you're probably going to have to drop your price before you see any significant interest. These show up all the time on ebay. I got my NOS one off ebay for $67 and another $75 for an NOS 69-70-specific dash switch.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
He will get his price in time if the grille is found. Same grille was used on Mavericks, Granadas and even 70's AMC products! The knob bracket is correct and the knob is close, just should not have the silver insert but rather a plain black knob with white "defog" lettering. I have a cracked grille you can have for free if you want the system to look a little more complete.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice and the helpful info guys. I could not find one for sale to base an estimate on. Considering that, I figured it may be worth a few bucks if normally unavailable.

Tough to see in the pic, but "DEFOG" is in black lettering on the silver colored bezel face behind the knob. Not sure if that tells a more specific story or not.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
P1020783.jpg Mr sir purr, and don..Question I have a few of these complete kits,marked for 67/68, so as shown in picture,its has the knob there, but no defogger written on it, It seems a few of the 69 cougars I have stripped have had the defogger on their switch or mount plate. So my question as Im taking it that Don would know this, why doesnt this kit have defogger written on the knob. I can open up some of the others and check too to see how they are marked. Hope this helps to clear up some of it, as this is a legit kit complete here,maybe its depends on what cars it was going into??

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
View attachment 24735 Mr sir purr, and don..Question I have a few of these complete kits,marked for 67/68, so as shown in picture,its has the knob there, but no defogger written on it, It seems a few of the 69 cougars I have stripped have had the defogger on their switch or mount plate. So my question as I'm taking it that Don would know this, why doesn't this kit have defogger written on the knob. I can open up some of the others and check too to see how they are marked. Hope this helps to clear up some of it, as this is a legit kit complete here,maybe its depends on what cars it was going into??
That is a 69 style knob, often service replacement parts differ from factory installed.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I picked up one of those defoggers on FleaBay about 2 years ago for $65, I think I was the only bidder. Knob was a little different than the one in your picture. I wonder what the correct knob is supposed to look like.

·
Registered
384 Posts
This should be it.

P4160199.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
P1050051.jpg P1050052.jpg P1050050.jpg P1050050.jpg Here you go Don, the boxes i have that say are for 67/68 cougar, have these items inside of them with directions, the grill has the c8 number on it, the knobs look like this,and the rear defroster unit has this marking on the back of them. Wonder if they just threw all of this in boxes to make the kids for dealers. Just curious. thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts