·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Parts needed

I have heard mixed reviews about this item. For less & you should be able to pickup what you need. List: manual center link, new idler arm, manual pitman arm(has a stud on the end),that's it. Tierods will work, unless you get a 70 center link. You will like how it cleans up the car, no dragging hoses, leaks , and no pump!

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Cougar Bill;
That what I needed. I guess all of these parts should still be available???

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Steering boxes are different ratios as well.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The ctr link and pitman arm are not avail new, as far as I know. Look for used at swap meets.yards, friends. I bought a bunch of frt. end stuff from a friend for $20. The idler arm is avail new Moog # K8161

·
Registered
433 Posts
Think I'm gonna try this. I blew a hose this morning and I have replaced every part and it still leaks. I liked the feel of it with the power steering broken. Marty, have you done it yet? Will I need to re-align the car (I just got it alligned yesterday).

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
I have a couple manual set ups I am willing to part with. I am looking to trade against power steering setups if possible. I am in need of 67 289 PS complete from box to pump and brackets including PS pulley/s to fix a gentlemans cat here who is 80 now and wants PS in his Cat he bought new in 67. E me direct as I don't seem to get notifications to posts anymore. Thanks email tab below

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine is a 68 so I believe the box is different, but I'm not sure. I may be willing if you have a 68 setup, but my cylinder is leaky and the one hose is blown. The pump and control valve are good though. They were replaced @4 months ago.

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kirkm76;
I bought the manual dteering box and center link from modifiedmark here on this site, but I have not installed them yet, and it will probably be quite some time before I do. Good luck and keep me posted on how your conversion goes.

Ray;
I will have two complete 68 PS setups, so I could part with one, maybe we can work out a trade for some other parts in the future.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I got a line locally on all the stuff, including the steering box. Guy will trade it for my pwr steering pump and control valve. Will let you know how it goes. I assume I'll need to re-align it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts