1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
That is just fantastic.

You could hide about 4 bodies in that trunk..while carrying a party of 6 comfortably ;)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Very nice car but too bad he set that reserve as I don't think he'll get a bite. Very small market for Park Lanes. If it were a Colony Park in that condition, and he set it at $8500 BIN, it would probably sell in a couple of days at most.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL...I sure did. Sorry about that guys. Got 1968 on the brain I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Don, put the wrong year in the title. I dont' know how to edit titles.
Since there is no chance of correcting, would be nice to see all the goofs...

Everybody does it once in a while, and there are quite a few good title stumbles

Jean

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Speaking of big Mercurys here is a 1974 Colony Park. It is 1 of 16 to have a special order color and you should get a look at the color. Interior is immaculate. How it has a Historical Vehicle Plate is beyond me. All of our fossil fuel carriers are now mothballed but the Navy seems to have missed one.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/2214478063.html

·
Registered
391 Posts
LOL, Mike, this car makes quite a statement. And as you may recall, I have been a sucker for an orange Mercury wagon in the past!

I would imagine it has historical plates on it because the owner could get them once the car was 25 years old.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wow. wonder if the a/c works. its about 1/2 hour from my house...

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i like that body better than the same vintage galaxie's. love the rear end!

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
We had some neighbors with relatives who owned a 67 Monterey fastback in Cinnamon Frost (it had a 410 too). What a beautiful car!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts

It is one sweet land boat.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I think these cars say made in the USA in the same way that a nuclear powered aircraft carrier with a deck full of fighters says something bad is gonna happen real soon. There is just no place else on earth that ever had the audacity to build things like this. In 50 years this will be as classic as they come. And no jokes about me loving the big girls... Just the big cars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts