Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've searched the forums and there are quite a few posts related to this but they are a little old. My ignition switch is bad. No big deal there, the switches are pretty easy to find. What's not easy to find is the connector pigtail. The one on my car has some serious heat damage to it. The battery wire has the insulation melted off, and the plastic around the socket on the connector has been hot enough to melt (same with the switch). I visited my local Ford dealer yesterday. He knew exactly what I was looking for (rattled off the rest of the part number before I could finish). D1AZ-11572-C. Knew that part came with a pig-tail. Even looking it up in a old set of Ford books confirmed it was supposed to come with the pigtail. The one he had didn't have the pigtail. He called three other places; same deal. No pigtail.

I need the pigtail. Any ideas where to get one? I've searched the web and eBay. I have a few feelers out to eBay sellers, asking them if the pigtail is included. Still waiting to hear back. And, I'm still searching.

I'm not ready to replace that wiring harness yet.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You can find the switch and pigtail on line, I forget the company (Summit racing?) I believe it was around $65.00. Somebody here will put the link up soon.

PB

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually called NPD and asked them. They physically checked the part. No pigtail. I find that a LOT! I wish they'd change their pictures and descriptions.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I actually called NPD and asked them. They physically checked the part. No pigtail. I find that a LOT! I wish they'd change their pictures and descriptions.
Really? I am surprised, NPD is usually pretty good. I could see them perhaps separating the sets and selling them individually, but to say it has the pigtail and it doesn't is just bad business.

Good luck in the search, sorry I was not able to help more.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was surprised, too. They actually have two listings in their catalog under two different part #s. On list states it has the pigtail, the other states it doesn't. I was actually hopeful they did actually have the switch with the pigtail.

Oh well.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just verified with CascadeClassics that the part they have listed does indeed come with the pigtail. Awesome! I didn't see any mention of one with a pigtail on WCCC.

Thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Thanks for calling Greg. It's already on it's way.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got it fixed. I've attahed some pictures of the old switch. It's a wonder this didn't start a fire. This does explain why I would sometimes detect the smell of something burning.

Thanks for all the help.

IMGP5550.jpg IMGP5547.jpg IMGP5548.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts